Afrojack is brining in the new year in style, hosting JACKED NYE at Pier 94 with it surely being one of the biggest New Years Eve Parties in NYC. With a line up consisting of, R3hab, Quintino, Shermanology, Bobby Burns and just recently added stars, Arty and Tommie Sunshine. This is sure to be a massive event and a great expo of what to expect from the JACKED crew in 2013. The two sets I’m most excited to hear are Quintino’s and Arty’s. Each have such a unique style and have already come out with a couple Beatport chart toppers respectively. Both young guns have had a stellar year already and they will look to continue that this upcoming year. Doors open at 8pm and the party goes till 6:00am. Keep an eye out for CMB as we’ll be at both JACKED and the Dada Life show in NYC and we’ll be bringing you a full review of each show.
Afrojack recently got his his soundcloud certified and he’s been busy uploading tons of new material. He gave us the first official preview of his Gangman Style Remix and a preview of his new original track titled, Rocker. Along with these two previews, he also gave us a preview of a few original tracks on his upcoming album due out early next year. A few of the tracks see Afrojack explore different areas you’re not accustomed to hearing from him. Personally I cannot wait to hear these in full and be sure to also checkout Afrojack’s most recent release of his Sovereign Light Remix by Keane. For those attending any of the Afrojack shows in the New York/New Jersey area be sure to expect to hear all these and more.
Afrojack delivers us another remix as he takes on Keane’s track, Sovereign Light Cafe. Taking a little bit more softer of a softer approach then what we’ve come to expect form him, Afrojack places the vocals front and center, coupling it brilliantly with his classic Dutch sound. This due out on Dec. 24th so be sure to grab it then.
Afrojack was recently called upon to remix the international hit Gangnam style and boy does he deliver. Incorporating the catchy lyrics, Afrojack uses his classic sound to deliver an absolute banger. No word on a release date but we’ll keep you updated.
Saw this track about a week ago exclusively premiered on another blog and have been in love with it ever since. Alex, who goes by the stage alias Serotonin, has got an incredible remix of Afrojack’s “Replica” that I’ve been banging all week long. The song builds into steadily into a sick dutch-trapstyle drop that’ll bang on any speakers. If you like the song, grab a download for free as well as check out some other tracks I’ve found incredible from Serotonin. I expect more from him in the future and can’t wait to see where his music skills will take him!
Afrojack hits us with another fully loaded remix of Kirsty’s “Hands High” which is filled with the classic production quality of Afrojack and takes his Jacked sound to a whole new level. This tune was first tested at EDC New York and sent the crowd into a frenzy, check out the preview and check back to grab the full copy of the song! Afrojack’s full-length album is coming out soon and I can not wait to hear what he has in store!
Here are some of the top performances I would check out for Made in American Festival 2012 Sunday night:
1) Run D.M.C. - You can’t even tell me you’d go to a Festival with Run D.M.C., New York’s finest hip hop group, and NOT see them performing live. The ground breaking group would be electric in concert and sure to give a performance you’d never forget. They would definitely rock the mic with some old school that would have everyone remembering what rap used to be like. Check them out on the Rocky Stage at 2:45pm!
2) Alesso - Have to say, some of the DJ’s performing on Sunday are literally the most massive acts around. Alesso with his monster tracks like “Years” and “Nillionaire” will for sure get the crowd vibing and dancing for what will feel like hours on end. Check him out at the Freedom Tent at 7:00pm to bring you into the night the right way!
3) Afrojack - No one else can rock the house like this Dutchmen can, and I would give up a lot of things for a while just to see him perform. Cancelling a few of his shows just to be prepared for this festival, Afrojack is going to bring out all the stops. At the Freedom Tent at 8:30pm he’s going to have some of the highest energy of any of the performers so don’t miss out on what is sure to be a classic set!
4) Nicky Romero - a late add on, Nicky Romero isn’t even on the official Made in America poster, but this legendary dirty Dutch DJ will have the crowd going the second he touches the 1′s and 2′s. He’s sure to release some great new tracks that will have the entire place raging into the late hours of the night. Once I find out the set time I’ll let you know but I guarantee this is a set you will NOT want to miss for anything!
5) Odd Future - Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All or OFWGKTA as it is abbreviated will bring their unique style of hip hop and are sure to set the place ablaze. Tyler the Creator, front man for the group, doesn’t care what anyone will think or what you will even think of his performance so long as he’s killing it with the boys he loves. The collection of rappers and artist who will for sure kill the stage with him will have you hoping that they perform an encore without a doubt. Check him kill Liberty Stage at 6:30pm on Sunday